Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And don't go changing clothes when they don't like yours...

Wednesdays sometimes require a certain kind of disciple and dedication. It’s the farthest day you can be from the weekend, and I know that as soon as I wake up, that fact stares me straight in the face. Realizing that I have the option, if I really wanted to, to just stay in bed and sleep for ever and ever, I am almost defeated. It doesn’t help that I have a mattress pad that feels like a cloud filled with pure happiness, or that my comforter knows exactly just what temperature I’m most comfortable in, or that my pillow is one of those memory foam ones that conforms to the shapes of my head. It sure as hell doesn’t help that I didn’t get to sleep till four in the morning and my time of waking was supposed to be just three hours later. At that point, I allow myself the luxury that is Americanized sleep for just five more minutes (okay, maybe another hour…), but I don’t really sleep. I use this time to try my best to remember my dreams, to give myself a little guidance in the upcoming unknown day, and I use that time to reflect on all of the wonderful places and things I did in the day that came before this horrid Wednesday morning. I remember the friends I met, the souls I warmed, the ideas I encouraged, the lovers I made, the music I created, and the time I spent. None of this happened to anyone else on the Earth on that day; all of that happened because I made  conscious decisions that no one else could make, and because of that, I really enjoyed my day. Now, I get to thinking- what makes this day, Wednesday, any different from any other day? Is there anything really different about today then yesterday? Sure it may be a bit colder, sure it may be a different named day according to us silly humans, but all in all, it’s a day that holds just as much possibility as the one that came before it. It’s up to us to do something, take advantage of that fact that we are alive yet another day, and do what we think is good. And with this knowledge, and this playlist, I got up today, ready to spin some more destiny to more unsuspecting souls.

I’m up for the challenge- are you guys?

PS: First new vampire weekend track is in! Check it!

HumpDay Playlist:

1) Animal Collective- Taste

2) Grizzly Bear- Two Weeks

3) Led Zeppelin- Tangerine

4) Modest Mouse- Gravity Rides Everything

5) Menomena- Wet And Rustling

6) Volcano Choir- Island, IS

7) Blitzen Trapper- Wild Mountain Nation

8 ) Deerhunter- Game of Diamonds

9) Vampire Weekend- White Sky

10) Edward Sharp & The Magnetic Zeros- Home

11) Animal Collective- For Reverend Green

12) Animal Collective- Fireworks

No comments:

Post a Comment